Climate and Weather
Crime and Safety
I could eat my way through Shanghai for the rest of my life. The city has a mix of highy rate fuev star restuatnts, chiense famly style restuarnts western style fast foods and incredible street stalls. My top five favourite tastes.
1. Xiaolongbao (小笼包) -This is one of the most diive things I ate in Shanghai. These dumplimgs containing a base of soup within a punched wapper are the most amazing snck food ever. Buying a serve of these dumplimgs and strolling along in the winter evenong was a truly magnfificne texpereince
3. Braised eggplant (红烧茄子)
Few truly love eggplant before they come to China, but once here, almost everyone’s a convert to this purple veggie. Of all the eggplant dishes offered in this city, the braised version of this hearty vegetable is by far the most savory.
Stewed in shaoxing wine, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, chilies and sometimes even pork, this Shanghai favorite has become a staple menu item at most restaurants. It boasts the perfect combo of saltiness, sweetness and savoriness — and we don’t feel so guilty eating it because it’s a veggie.
28. Kebabs skewered meat are alternately pierced with a piece of fat and topped with a delicious cumin-based seasoning mix
40. Shanghai-style fried noodles
Shanghai cumian — a thickly cut pasta — is Shanghai’s gift to the wondrous world of noodles. Served at most dumpling joints, Shanghai-style fried noodles are usually stir-fried with beef, chicken or pork (sometimes even shrimp) then cabbage and onions.
portueguese egg atrst
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
- Aeroplane News (Saturday)
- Air Safety
- Airline News (Friday)
- Airports of the World
- Deal of the Day!
- My Musings (Sundays)
- Place Reviews (Thursday)
- Travel Tips (Monday)
- Trip Reports
- Weird or Wonderful
Top Posts & Pages
Naked Man in Phuket Airport Hurls Poo
Challenges on the Malaysia/Thai Border- A Rail Journey through Asia Part #2
Air New Zealand 787 draws giant heart across NZ sky
To HEL and back – two more (almost) Heavenly Finnair flights!
A 2nd Class Thai Train ride is almost 1st Class! Surat Thani from Hat Yai
Measuring Star, Skyteam, One World – Which is the “BEST” airline alliance?
Air Asia-My Worst Flight of 2016
China’s Spring Airlines – Surprisingly Good Choice
Not Smiling with Thai Smile
- Stupendous Shanghai
- Naked Man in Phuket Airport Hurls Poo
- China’s Spring Airlines – Surprisingly Good Choice
- 23 Tips to enjoy China Travel
- China was the 75th Country I have visited!
- David Hall on China’s Spring Airlines – Surprisingly Good Choice
- Billy Bob on Naked Man in Phuket Airport Hurls Poo
- Martin J Cowling on Naked Man in Phuket Airport Hurls Poo
- Wes on Naked Man in Phuket Airport Hurls Poo
- David Hall on 23 Tips to enjoy China Travel
© 2018 · Wild About Travel
A Frequent Flyer Network site. ©2018. All rights reserved